Re-establishing Rapport with Key Recruiters is Key!

Sally Reyes of Fordham University suggests that you must first re-establish contact with recruiters. If you have lost their contact information or are still looking for more, consider contacting people in your professional network. Sending a short and simple e-mail is way of keeping in touch. Give the recruiters a brief update on what you are currently working on and any future plans. If there's an open position and you seem to fit the requirements of the job, you may be invited to interview! Julian James of University of Georgia says that you must take advantage of being in New York if that is your target market. Use email to maintain regular contact but think outside the box. Meeting for discussions over coffee allows for a less formal setting (which can be key for client-facing roles). Leverage all of your contacts at partner firms. Don't annoy HR but be persistent.

Avril Lighty of University of Richmond says that to warm up recruiting contacts during my internship I would try to be sure to keep in touch with the people who interviewed me. I wouldn’t want to harass them with constant e-mails, but maybe every few weeks I could e-mail them with something I’ve learned during the internship or an exciting project I’m working on. Of course my primary focus would be to do well on my work projects and try to produce quality work that would impress my manager, because if I do good work the recruiters will probably be told about it. My manager and my mentor would be people to maintain a good relationship with because they probably have good relationships with the recruiters. In simplest terms, the best thing to do to warm up recruiting contacts is to work hard, try to learn a lot, and maintain good professional relationships with everyone.

Posted in Labels: , |

0 comments: