It’s A Building Block for the Future, Not an Acting Job!

Ayodeji Olubusi of Morgan State University argues that every student [especially CP fellows] should know by now that they will not necessarily enjoy every job they find themselves in, since we’ve been told countless times. The first step to approaching the situation in which I hate or don’t like my internship is to change my mindset concerning the position; if I was imagining the position as a “Hollywood-exciting” career before; I need to start seeing it as the school of theater art that comes before Hollywood. As such, I will begin to appreciate its role in my success. When asked how he was able to try thousands of times and fail at inventing incandescent light, Thomas Edison simply mentioned that every wrong approach showed him a way in which the light would not work. That is, there was something to learn from the situation. Next thing to do will be to start asking one’s self such question as why don’t I like this one, what then would I prefer to do, and what could I do differently in order to fall in love with this one? In this step, the idea is to first find out what you really want to do, and begin to discover the tools [or learning experience] you can take from this present job to that “dream job”. Finally, work the hardest and do ALL within you power to excel at the present job, because without doing so, you would not get a return offer for the current one or anywhere else.

Posted in |

0 comments: